In companies on the local bourse, in terms

1983 PETRONAS Gas Berhad (PGB) was incorporated, and listed on the main market
of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad in 1995. PGB was originally a completely
owned branch of PETRONAS, which was Malaysia’s national oil corporation. It
owned 60.63% of its shares, and the remaining 39.37% is held by retail
shareholders and financial institutions.

            PETRONAS Gas Berhad (PGB) was
initially a wholly-owned subsidiary of PETRONAS, the Malaysia’s national oil
corporation, which upon listing owns 60.63% of its shares while the remaining
39.37% is held by financial institutions and retail shareholders. Today, they
are one of the largest companies on the local bourse, in terms of market
capitalization. They are also Malaysia’s leading gas infrastructure and
utilities company with core businesses in Gas Processing (GP), Gas
Transportation (GT), Utilities (UT) and Regasification (RGT).

We Will Write a Custom Essay Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!

order now

PGB processes natural gas
which is brought by pipe from offshore gas fields. They then transport the
processed gas by the Peninsular Ga?s Utilisation pipeline network to PGB
customers primarily in Malaysia, but Singapore included. They also supply steam
and other industrial gases for customers and businesses at the Gebeng
Industrial Area in Pahang, and Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex in

The company has a staff of
more than 2,000 employees throughout Malaysia. Most of the staff are based at
plant operations located in Santong and Kertih and at other locations in
Pahang, Gebeng and Terengganu.

PGB operates from its
headquarters at the world famous PETRONAS Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia. There are also nine regional offices on Malaysia’s peninsula, and two
more located in eastern Malaysia.

Over the years, they have
expanded their business and this includes venturing into power generation in
Sabah in 2011, through a 60% joint venture company, Kimanis Power Sdn Bhd,
which commenced its full commercial operations end of 2014.


The vision of PGB is to
become and maintain status as a leading gas infrastructure and utilities
company in Malaysia. Its mission is continuing to conduct safe operations with
loyal and reliable employees and services, while maintaining integrity,
professionalism and competitive prices to facilitate maximum returns for stake

One of PGB’s primary
functions is operated by the Gas Procession and Utilities division. There are
six plants in Terengganu which are divided into two complexes: Gas Processing
Santong and Gas Processing Kertih. These facilities have a combined capacity to
process over 2,000 million standard cubic feet per day of feedgas. They can
receive gas processing fees which are fixed charges under a 20-year Gas
Processing Agreement with PGB. These six plants can produce propane, butane,
ethane and sales gas for customers.

Another PGB function is Gas
Transportation, operated by the Gas Transmission and Regasification Division.
Here, gas transmission pipelines that cover Western Malaysia are called
the Peninsular Gas Utilisation pipeline network. Operations are conducted
from the main Control Centre located in Segamat and Johor. Salesgas is
transported to PGB customers via a more than 2,500? km Peninsular Gas
Utilisation pipeline. The current PGU pipeline network is able to transport up
to 3,000 million standard cubic feet per day of gas. It is even possible to
transport smaller volumes of salesgas for PGB customers via our gas
distribution system in Sarawak, Bintulu and Miri.

Utilities is operated by Gas
Processing and Utilities Division. It is divided into two complexes of
Utilities: Utilities Gebeng in Pahang, and Utilities Kertih in Terengganu. Both
plants are located in such a way to provide surrounding industries a reliable
source of electricity, industrial gases and steam. Other bi products such as
liquid nitrogen, liquid oxygen and water cooling are created. These bi products
can also be sold to the public or businesses.

Regasification is a serviced
offered and operated by the Gas Transmission Regasification Division at the
offshore liquefied natural gas Regasification Terminal Sungai Udang in Melaka.
This service began commercial operations in 2013. This facility receives
vessels carrying liquefied natural gas imported from around the world. It is
stored in two floating storage units. These units convert the liquefied natural
gas to gas before injecting it into the pipeline network to distribute to PGB